EXAMINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates are required to have Grade 5 Popular Music Theory / Music Theory
or one of the following qualifications:
- Grade 8 in electric guitar or bass playing;
- CSE music (Grade 1); GCSE or O level music (Grade C or above); AS, A2 or A level music (Grade D or above); Scottish Certificate of Education (Standard or Higher); Junior or Leaving Certificate (Republic of Ireland).
- Any music degree or equivalent qualification.
- Other qualifications may be considered on application to the Exams Office.
If you need help towards guitar, bass or music theory grades please get in contact with CARLOS.
To enter for the examination there is an additional cost to the online course fee. This is payable directly to the Registry of Guitar Tutors (RGT).
When you sit the examination you must;
- Demonstrate your guitar performance ability. You will be asked to play scales, arpeggios and chords. These are at about grade six. (NOTE: You may meet the exam entry requirements by having grade 5 music theory, however your guitar playing ability will have to be of at least grade six standard to successfully achieve this part of the examination.)
- Teach a twenty-minute guitar lesson to a pupil. This can be submitted in advance as a video. The online course will prepare you for this.
- Give a presentation on an aspect of teaching. The online course will prepare you for this.
- Discuss issues related to learning and teaching with the examiner. The online course will prepare you for this.
PROGRESSION FROM THIS QUALIFICATION LEADS TO:
Associate Of The London College Of Music – ALCM(TD)
Licentiate Of The London College Of Music – LLCM(TD)
The modules of the online course have been designed to prepare you for examination requirements 2, 3 and 4 listed above. If you require help to develop your guitar performance ability (requirement 1) or if you are unsure of your level of guitar playing you can arrange a Zoom / Skype assessment by getting in contact.
RETURN to the online course information.